Question Of The Day: Why Become A Real Estate Agent?
Have you ever imagined yourself as a real estate agent?
It’s a fun and rewarding job, not without its challenges, of course, that will open plenty of opportunities for you to grow in different ways.
So, why become a real estate agent? Here are our top reasons.
- You can truly make a difference in other people’s lives. You are part of a major milestone - a first family home, a new retirement home, or a young man’s hard-earned bachelor’s pad. In many cases, you are not just there to help them make a smart real estate investment. You become an advisor and for some, even a life-long friend. Seeing someone achieve their goals is a most rewarding feeling.
- You can control your earning potential. You are not limited to a fixed income. Because agents work for a commission, how much you earn is largely based on how many clients you help successfully close a deal. According to one data source, the average real estate commission in Florida is 5.38%. This is split between the listing agent and the buyer’s agent. The hotter the real estate market is, the higher this commission would be.
- Your schedule is more flexible. This is ideal for working parents because the job is not strictly based on a 9 to 5 schedule. This means you can still be actively involved in your children’s academics and extra-curricular activities while also smashing your work goals.
How To Become A Real Estate Agent In Florida
To become a real estate associate, the requirements are:
- Successful completion of Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC)-approved 63-hour pre-licensing course which is valid for two years upon completion
- Submission of application, including fee and fingerprints
- Completion of the Real Estate Sales Associate Examination (you can then pass the Florida Real Estate Law Exam if your grade is 30 or higher)
- License activation
If you want to be a real estate broker in the Sunshine State, you must:
- Complete at least 24 months as an active real estate sales associate within the five-year period before applying for the license
- Finish a FREC-approved pre-licensing course for brokers
- Submit an application and pay the fee
- Pass the Florida Real Estate Broker Examination and get a grade of 75 or higher
- Activate the license
Trusted Real Estate Company In Central Florida
As a real estate agent, your individual output will ultimately define your career and determine how far you’ll go. But being part of a reputable agency is just as crucial.
The right company can provide you with valuable connections, which is vital in a competitive landscape like the Central Florida real estate market. You can also find mentors who can guide you through the nuances of the job.
The Corcoran Connection is one such company. It is a renowned Saint Cloud, FL real estate agency that also services communities in Lake Nona, Mount Dora, Kissimmee, and of course, Orlando. It was founded and is headed by veteran broker Jeanine Corcoran.
Jeanine’s elite team of agents and brokers is known for its impeccable service. They’ve built a reputation for delivering unparalleled end-to-end service, and it is one of many reasons why they have a long list of happy and loyal clients.
Check out their official YouTube channel to learn more about Jeanine, her team, and why The Corcoran Connection is a top choice, not just for clients, but also for real estate professionals who want to grow their careers. Jeanine and her staff provide a platform that allows any real estate agent to flourish.