Question Of The Day: What Is Mount Dora FL Known For?
Mount Dora is a city that is part of the Orlando-Kissimmee, FL metropolitan area. Downtown Mount Dora overlooks Lake Dora, known as the most prestigious of the Harris Chain Lakes.
Mount Dora, FL real estate is also one of the top choices when it comes to prime Central Florida real estate, both for residential and property investment.
So, what is Mount Dora, FL known for?
- Festivals. Mount Dora is dubbed the ‘Festival City’ because there is always something to celebrate here each month. Its most famous festivals include the Arts Festival, Craft Fair, the Bicycle Festival, and the Seafood Festival. It also hosts over 30 events each year including favorites like Snow in the Park, Light Up Mount Dora, and Freedom on the Waterfront, which features a fireworks show.
- Small town charm. Mount Dora has a unique and palpable charm that’s hard to miss. It was founded in 1880, and the community’s old-world spirit lives on today. It’s a quaint and laidback community, surrounded by beautiful lakes. It also has a vibrant culture, particularly in the art scene. It is a breath of fresh air if you are keen to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Antiques. Downtown Mount Dora is a great place to go for antique shopping. Renninger’s is a huge antique center with a large outdoor flea market. The indoor area is a 40,000 square feet air-conditioned building with over 180 booths selling high-quality antiques and collectibles.
Is Mount Dora Worth Visiting?
Definitely! Like the rest of the Sunshine State, Mount Dora has a thriving tourism industry that caters to visitors of all ages. Some of its most famous attractions include:
- Mount Dora Lighthouse. The walkway to the lighthouse features stunning lakefront views. You can access public boat ramps or check out the Lighthouse Park. The lighthouse also has a blue pulsator that sends out a guiding light to boaters navigating Lake Dora at night.
- Modernist Museum. Whether or not you are an avid fan of modernist art, this museum is a must-visit. It has the “largest known collection of Modernist art by some of the most iconic and influential American masters of the craft.”
- Historic sites. Mount Dora has several sites that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, including the John P. Donnelly House, Lakeside Inn, and Blandford. The Mount Dora Historic District features many buildings that date back to the early 20th century. It is also home to many of the city’s festivals, including the Craft Fair and the Art Festival.
- Palm Island Park. Mount Dora locals come here to watch birds and alligators along the edge of the lake. This eight-acre natural preservation area also has spots for picnics, natural trails, and a boardwalk that leads to the nature area.
Top Central Florida Real Estate Agency
Are you a property investor looking for rental properties? Or are you a residential buyer looking at homes for sale in Mount Dora?
The Corcoran Connection can help you. It is a renowned real estate company serving clients in Central Florida. They have access to the best neighborhoods in Mount Dora, FL, and can help you navigate Florida’s competitive real estate market.
In addition to Mount Dora, Jeanine Corcoran and her team also work in Central Florida’s most sought-after communities, like Saint Cloud, Harmony, Lake Nona, Kissimmee, and of course, Orlando.
Two of the best real estate agents in Mount Dora represent The Corcoran Connection. Jennifer Garrison and Nancy Eccles are who you want to work with for all your real estate needs. You can reach Jennifer at 352-805-5550 and Nancy at 352-735-7777. Check out their official YouTube channel for free expert tips and professional insights for buyers and sellers.