Question Of The Day: Is Saint Cloud, Florida A Good Place To Live In?
St. Cloud is a city in northern Osceola County, Florida. The city is part of the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford metropolitan area, located southeast of Orlando. It is one of the top choices for real estate in Central Florida, especially for first-time homebuyers.
So, is Saint Cloud, Florida a good place to live in?
Definitely! And here are some of the reasons why.
- Quality of life. The cost of living in St. Cloud is 7% lower than the rest of Florida while median household income is 4% higher than the rest of the state. It is also worth noting that the crime rate in St. Cloud is 47% lower than the U.S. average.
Like many smaller cities in the Sunshine State, it offers that balance between laid-back, small-town living and easy access to big-city perks.
St. Cloud has shown robust job growth in recent years, which is why it continues to attract both professionals and families. It also has plenty of leisure and outdoor recreation opportunities for residents of all ages and interests.
- Great location. As with any real estate investment, location is everything. One of the reasons homes for sale in St. Cloud, FL are in high demand is its central location. It is a short drive away from Florida’s renowned theme parks, and the transportation network makes it easy for people to get around, whether for work or leisure.
Purchasing A House In St. Cloud? Here Are Some Key Things To Consider
Is it still possible to find reasonably priced Saint Cloud, FL real estate?
Absolutely! Here are some factors to keep in mind when house-hunting in this area.
- Homeowner’s insurance. Florida is, without a doubt, a beautiful place to live in. The weather is generally warm and ‘friendly’ for the most part of the year. But floods and hurricanes are also common. When buying a home here, you need to include insurance in your budget. If you are unsure about how much this will cost, call an insurance company to ask for a quote, even if you are still deciding between two (or more) properties. If you are looking at an older home, expect the premium to be higher than if you’re buying a newer house.
- Deed restrictions. If you buy a house within a community that is governed by a homeowner’s association (HOA), you need to understand how this affects your long-term lifestyle choices. It’s not entirely a bad thing; HOA rules help ensure that your home’s value remains high. But they can dictate what dog breed you can get, paint color choice, or if you can rent out your house.
- Real estate agent. Central Florida is a competitive real estate market. You’ll need all the help you can get, especially if you are a first-time buyer. A competent realtor can provide valuable insider information that you won’t find elsewhere. And they can also help you navigate complex issues involving cost, taxes, and regulations.
The Corcoran Connection Is A Top Central Florida Realtor
There is no shortage of realtors in St. Cloud, FL, however, the reality is that not everyone is a fit for your needs.
Jeanine and her team are renowned in Saint Cloud, Florida for their timely, honest, and adaptable service. Don’t just take our word for it. Read more about it here. Or check out their official YouTube channel for free and expert tips.
For a personalized consultation, give us a call 407-953-9118.