Having been a resident of Harmony, Florida since 2005, I am still amazed at our small town and how so many of these top 12 things still make me smile. This is what attracted me and had me moving to Harmony Florida. Here is my list of the top 12 things to know about moving to a small town like Harmony, Florida.
1. If you've never heard of Pocket Parks, there is a story behind them. Keeping with the small town feel, Martha and Jim Lentz, the original founders of Harmony Florida included these small sitting areas know as pocket parks which are located about half way on any given street in the more mature neighborhood of Harmony Fl. The idea was that our elderly couples would have a destination to walk to without it being too far from their home. Watch our Love Harmony Florida video below about pocket parks in Harmony Florida.
2. Harmony Florida is a pet friendly neighborhood. Dog Parks weren't always common in small towns, but in our Harmony Fl neighborhood, they are. Harmony has 3 dog parks! You can even meet other dog owners daily at Yappy Hour or visit our 3rd dog park which is called Central Bark! Watch our Love Harmony Florida video about our harmony Dog Parks.
3. You can't have a small town with out a lake in Florida. What makes Harmony even better is Harmony Florida has two natural lakes; Buck Lake and Cat Lake. Enjoy the Harmony Florida beautiful sunsets on Buck Lake while sitting on your rocking chairs! If you enjoy boating, Harmony has pontoon boats, kayaks and canoes for the residents to enjoy. This is paid out of your CDD fees (Community Development District). Watch our Love Harmony Florida video about Buck Lake.
4. Love to play? There are multiple small playgrounds throughout our small town in different neighborhoods in Harmony Florida. . The largest playground is our Lake Shore Park which is located near Buck Lake. Saturday mornings is usually filled with children from our Harmony Soccer. It's one of the things I love about Harmony. Watch our Love Harmony Florida Video about Harmony Lakeshore Park.
5. Small town feel with small town schools is what Harmony Florida has to offer. Walk to your local neighborhood Elementary School located within the community of Harmony Florida. Harmony Community School is currently for grades Pre-K through 8th grade. There is nothing better than walking to school. Watch our Love Harmony Florida Video about Harmony Community School.
6. Let's not forget about our Harmony High School which is also located in Harmony Florida. Just a short walk through our Harmony High School Tunnel, keeps our high school students safe. The tunnel is located in Ashley Park and connects our small town of Harmony Fl to our local Harmony High School. Watch our Love Harmony Florida video about our Harmony High School and our Harmony High School Tunnel.
7. If you love to garden, what would a small town be if it didn't have a community garden? Get to know your neighbors while you care for your own local plot in our Harmony Community Garden located in near the heart of the neighborhood in Harmony Florida. Watch our Love Harmony Florida video about our Harmony Community Garden.
8. Want to cool off, let's not forget about our 2 swim clubs that the small town of Harmony Florida has to offer their residents. The heated pool is located in the heart of our small town but if you prefer a pool that is not heated, Ashley Park has the 2nd pool which is open to all residents. Watch our Love Harmony Florida video about our small town Harmony Swim Club also know as our Harmony Community Pool.
9. Love to eat? You have choices in Harmony Florida's town square. Whether it's pizza that you like, sushi or just a delicious hamburger, our small town has a few choices. No need to leave Harmony Fl if you are hungry.
10. For the golf lovers, our small town of Harmony Florida is a golf community. Enjoy our gorgeous Johnny Miller Golf Course. Whether you are a beginner golfer or an expert golfer, you will be impressed with our Harmony Golf Preserve. Watch our Love Harmony Florida Video about our Harmony Florida Golf Course - Harmony Golf Preserve.
11.Our small town of Harmony Florida has lots of fun outdoor living. Walk, stroll or ride your bicycle in our Harmony Fl neighborhood. Harmony offers over 12 miles of trails to enjoy the outdoors. Watch our Love Harmony Florida Video about our Harmony Florida Trails.
12. We live harmoniously with the animals in our small town of Harmony Florida so expect to yield to the cranes crossing the road which can be a daily event!